article

Chetan Bhatia avatar image
Chetan Bhatia Deactivated posted David Marginian Deactivated commented

New order printing API endpoint | Upcoming release in July 2021

By mid-July 2021, Clover is releasing a new order printing API endpoint for third-party developers.

With this new endpoint, developers can directly print orders on a Clover device printer or kitchen printer. The use of this endpoint will remove the complexity of developers being required to build an Android service just for printing orders.

Clover recommends that you use the recently released atomic_order endpoints for working with orders.

Announcements
6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dan avatar image Dan commented ·

Thank you Chetan I have spent several months writing an app that does this so in future it might save us many thousands of dollars if there was some long term road map that happened to mention this was in development :)

0 Likes 0 ·
ismdcf avatar image ismdcf commented ·

Is this available in the Sandbox for integrating and testing?
Will you be able to point us to a documentation on how the API works?

0 Likes 0 ·
matiasmassaccesi avatar image matiasmassaccesi commented ·

Any new on this?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ matiasmassaccesi commented ·

It should be available the last week of July.

0 Likes 0 ·
matiasmassaccesi avatar image matiasmassaccesi commented ·

Is there a list of features or something for developers to know what we'll be able to do with this API? I'm about to create an Android APP to print receipts and I would like to know if this API would replace the app. Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

The API has been released, documentation is available here - https://docs.clover.com/docs/printing-orders-rest-api, API docs - https://docs.clover.com/reference#ordercreateprintevent.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community

Article

Contributors

chetan.bhatia contributed to this article