question

jshrek avatar image
jshrek asked parquet76 edited

POS Webhooks

I would like to send a webhook event for every sale that occurs on our POS system to my server for processing.

I see there is some setup for Webhooks under Ecommerce > Hosted Checkout > Webhook but this appears to do nothing with regards to sales on the POS system. I assume these webhooks are striclty for hosted checkout only.

Further research suggests that I have to install some kind of app on my POS system to possibly generate the webhook events that I want sent? Can anybody elaborate further on whether there is an easy way to just tell it to send a webhook event somewhere, or if I will indeed need to figure out how to create an app that can do this for me.

Thanks

Webhooks
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

Are you a Clover merchant? This forum is for developers that build apps on our platform to get development assistance. If you are a Clover merchant you should contact Clover support for assistance to see what apps are available on the App Market that could help you.

0 Likes 0 ·
colleenhoward avatar image
colleenhoward answered colleenhoward published

Hello,

To send webhook events for every sale that occurs on your POS (Point of Sale) system, you typically need to have integration capabilities within your POS system. The process for setting up webhooks can vary depending on the specific POS system you are using.

Here are a few general steps you can follow:

Check POS System Documentation: Consult the documentation or developer resources provided by your POS system to determine if they support webhooks or offer any APIs for integrating with external systems. Look for information on how to set up and configure webhooks.

Create Webhook Endpoint: Set up a server or endpoint on your side that can receive and process the webhook events sent by the POS system. This can be a script or a web application capable of handling incoming requests. TellHappyStar

Configure Webhook in POS System: Once you have your endpoint ready, you'll need to configure the webhook settings in your POS system. This typically involves providing the URL of your webhook endpoint and selecting the events you want to trigger the webhook (e.g., sale completed, order created, etc.). The specific steps for configuring webhooks will depend on the POS system you are using.

Test and Verify: After configuring the webhook, perform some test transactions on your POS system to ensure that the webhook events are being triggered correctly and that the data is being sent to your webhook endpoint. Verify that the data you receive matches your expectations.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

orangerocketdesign avatar image
orangerocketdesign answered parquet76 edited

I am having the same issue. I am a developer for a merchant that uses Clover POS. There is no other documentation for creating or setting up a webhook that triggers on every POS action. And if there is, it is being shared with the community.

1 comment
10 |2000

parquet76 avatar image parquet76 commented ·

You need to have a Clover app that your merchant has installed in order to set-up and use the type of webhooks you are talking about - https://docs.clover.com/docs/webhooks

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community