question

progmcb avatar image
progmcb asked David Marginian edited

Issue with install_apps.py

I get the error "adb command not found. Ensure it is in your path" when running the install_apps.py script. I checked to make sure the adb path is in my global variables. I am able to run the "adb devices" command which correctly returns the list of devices (emulator-5554), so it clearly finds adb path or else that command would fail. I am running Windows 10 with Python 3.7 (I also tried with Python 2.7 but the same problem occured). I am following this guide in the docs: https://docs.clover.com/docs/setting-up-an-android-emulator#installing-required-clover-merchant-apps

Thanks

Emulator
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian answered David Marginian edited

Update:

The attached script has been verified to work for Windows and requires Python 3.5 or >.

Original

See if the attached script will work for you, it will require Python 3.5 or >. You will need to add:

"#!/usr/bin/env python" to the top of the file (had to be removed in order to upload) and the extension will need to be changed to .py instead of .txt.

install-apps.txt (7.0 KiB)
4 comments

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

There is a 404 error when clicking on the file. Maybe its possible to send by email?
0 Likes 0 ·
Try it now.
0 Likes 0 ·
progmcb avatar image progmcb David Marginian ♦♦ ·

Just ran the script and it works!

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian answered David Marginian converted comment to answer

Other Windows devs have reported issues with the script, you may need to make a few adjustments for the script to run in Windows (pathing). I believe we have resolved most of the issues but we haven't released the new script yet.

3 comments

Can you further explain "make a few adjustments for the script to run in Windows (pathing)"?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes 0 ·

There is a thread here from another Windows developer - https://community.clover.com/questions/31488/install-appspy-not-installing-the-apps-in-the-emul.html that may offer some insight. This dev said he had to make some pathing changes.

0 Likes 0 ·
progmcb avatar image progmcb David Marginian ♦♦ ·
I looked at that thread but its mainly an issue of Python versions. I made changes to the script so it would run with Python 3.7 but it still can't find the adb.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community