question

progmcb avatar image
progmcb asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Issue with install_apps.py

I get the error "adb command not found. Ensure it is in your path" when running the install_apps.py script. I checked to make sure the adb path is in my global variables. I am able to run the "adb devices" command which correctly returns the list of devices (emulator-5554), so it clearly finds adb path or else that command would fail. I am running Windows 10 with Python 3.7 (I also tried with Python 2.7 but the same problem occured). I am following this guide in the docs: https://docs.clover.com/docs/setting-up-an-android-emulator#installing-required-clover-merchant-apps

Thanks

Emulator
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Update:

The attached script has been verified to work for Windows and requires Python 3.5 or >.

Original

See if the attached script will work for you, it will require Python 3.5 or >. You will need to add:

"#!/usr/bin/env python" to the top of the file (had to be removed in order to upload) and the extension will need to be changed to .py instead of .txt.

install-apps.txt (7.0 KiB)
4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

progmcb avatar image progmcb commented ·
There is a 404 error when clicking on the file. Maybe its possible to send by email?
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ progmcb commented ·
Try it now.
0 Likes 0 ·
progmcb avatar image progmcb David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Just ran the script and it works!

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated converted comment to answer

Other Windows devs have reported issues with the script, you may need to make a few adjustments for the script to run in Windows (pathing). I believe we have resolved most of the issues but we haven't released the new script yet.

3 comments
10 |2000

progmcb avatar image progmcb commented ·
Can you further explain "make a few adjustments for the script to run in Windows (pathing)"?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ progmcb commented ·

There is a thread here from another Windows developer - https://community.clover.com/questions/31488/install-appspy-not-installing-the-apps-in-the-emul.html that may offer some insight. This dev said he had to make some pathing changes.

0 Likes 0 ·
progmcb avatar image progmcb David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
I looked at that thread but its mainly an issue of Python versions. I made changes to the script so it would run with Python 3.7 but it still can't find the adb.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community