question

adil avatar image
adil asked bryanvargas commented

install_apps.py Not installing the apps in the emulator.

Iam using python 2.5

when i try to run install_apps.py it immediately opens a terminal window and closes instantly.

no success message, no progress bars.

apps arent shown in the emulator either.

how can i fix this ?

environment details:

windows 10.

clover flex 2md gen

had a problem with add-account -> clover , it was showing [stg] instead of [dev] so i looked at other threads in the forum and fixed it by downgrading the apk version of the clover engine to 2086.apk.

Emulator
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

This should be fixed, but we haven't updated the link yet, try downloading:

https://filessandbox.dev.clover.com/v2/apk/com.clover.engine-2131.apk

0 Likes 0 ·
adil avatar image adil David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

after installing 2086 it worked, now I can create the clover account in the emulator.

but the real problem is with running the python script to install the apps as I mentioned in the question body above.

please help.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

"Iam using python 2.5"

https://docs.clover.com/docs/setting-up-an-android-emulator#installing-required-clover-merchant-apps

In this setup step, all Clover apps for merchants (such as Register, Orders, and Inventory) are installed by running a Python script. This script requires Python v3.5 or higher. Any of your apps installed to the test merchant you select will also be installed.
8 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

adil avatar image adil commented ·

Dude i have already read the documentation,

Im asking why the pthin script isnt working ?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ adil commented ·

I believe I just answered your question. You said you are using Python 2.5, our documentation clearly states that Python 3.5 or higher is required..

0 Likes 0 ·
adil avatar image adil David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Your script isnt working on python 3, Its only working on python 2.7.

The script isnt working on windows. had to manually change the script code to make it work in windows.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
kks avatar image
kks answered bryanvargas commented

@David Marginian

I'm having issues with the same problem; can you please direct me to a solution? I downgraded the apk version which helped me to create a clover account (2191 didn't work for me), but I'm still having the same issue running the install_apps.py script.

With Python 3.11, it immediately opens a terminal window and closes instantly, as the OP pointed out.

With Python 2.7, it complains about the Python version. I'm trying to fix the script but please let me know how to fix it or if there's another workaround

1 comment
10 |2000

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

make sure you use the pip3 and python3 commands to install the required modules and run the script. urllib3 is a required module for the script.

Tutorial on emulator setup is found here:

https://docs.clover.com/docs/setting-up-an-android-emulator#installing-required-clover-merchant-apps

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community