question

phan.dev avatar image
phan.dev asked mitche commented

Secure Network Pay Display using DNS name + WSS

Hi, I connected my POS with SNPD well using an IP address + WSS (Server Is Secured)

However, I can't connect my POS with SNPD using DNS name likes wss://Clover-C032xyz.local.:12345/remote_pay

I ping Clover-C032xyz.local. from my computer => It's OK

Sometimes, I have to wait about 10-15 minutes to Clover ask the manager passcode in pairing.

A few months ago, I connected them well using DNS name likes www://Clover-unknown.local.:12345/remote_pay

I don't know how to dig deeper into the log to know what's the problem with the DNS name.

=> After working around, WS work well while WSS doesn't work. Why?

Another question: Can I change the DNS name to a new name likes: wss://Clover-123:12345/remote_pay
If I can, how to do that?

Clover Minisemi-integrationsClover Flexsecure network pay displayRemote Pay iOS
7 comments
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@

Could you please help me this issue?

0 Likes 0 ·

No, you cannot change the device name.

This sounds like a networking issue, so, I can't really help you. I would try using ws instead of wss to see if that helps.

0 Likes 0 ·
phan.dev avatar image phan.dev David Marginian ♦♦ ·

@

I mean

Using IP address:

- WS => OK

- WSS => OK

Using DNS name (Serial Number)
- WS => OK

- WSS => Can't connect

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

I'm also having this same issue with Windows 10 Pro. Below is the connection string I'm using but the connection fails. I've tried both 'wss' and 'ws' and neither works.

wss://Clover-C042UQ93050806.local.:12345/remote_pay

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
phan.dev avatar image
phan.dev answered

@
Can you help me make sure the connection using DNS name + WSS successfully?

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community