question

phan.dev avatar image
phan.dev asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Customize the Tips Screen UI (color, font size, logo) of customer-facing display on Clover

Hi,
I would like to customize the Tips Screen UI (such as changing background color, font-size, adding company logo) of customer-facing display on Clover.
I read this article ( https://docs.clover.com/docs/using-per-transaction-settings )
But it's only have changing text message.

So, can I customize it?7a57ab1-tipsuggestionamounts.png

Clover Minisemi-integrations
7 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

You can't customize the tip screen. What you could do is create a custom activity that would be installed on the Clover device and then start the activity from the Clover Connector. This is quite involved so I am not sure you want to go this route just to customize the screen.

1 Like 1 ·
phan.dev avatar image phan.dev David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @David,

I'm interested in your way.
Can I create a new custom activity on the device and put a company logo on that screen?
Please give me some instructions.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ phan.dev commented ·

Unfortunately, this is an involved process and we don't have a lot of documentation for it. You would need to build an app and get it approved. Your custom activity would look something like this (https://docs.clover.com/docs/using-customer-facing-platform, you can disregard the remote device connector stuff). You would then use the Clover Connector methods (startCustomActivity, sendMessageToActivity), etc. to interface with the activity.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community