question

sc-info avatar image
sc-info asked brokenoval answered

Declined Transaction Report on Clover Mini - Semi Integration

I'm using the Clover Mini with semi-integration. Our customer would like a report of all transaction that were declined on the Clover Mini. Is there a way to do this?

From my understanding of the way the payment flow works, it doesn't keep track of declined transaction. If a transaction is declined on the Clover Mini, the device returns to the start of the payment flow, prompting for another card. So the response returned is either a successful transaction or a cancel (due to the user clicking the cancel).

Clover Minisemi-integrations
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

brokenoval avatar image
brokenoval answered
If you are using the API, I would recommend using a filter as follows:

GET /v3/merchants/{mId}/payments?filter=result=={resultType}

The following result types are allowed:
['SUCCESS' or 'FAIL' or 'INITIATED' or 'VOIDED' or 'VOIDING' or 'VOID_FAILED' or 'AUTH' or 'AUTH_COMPLETED']

More than likely you are looking for the 'FAIL' s so your query on sandbox would look like this (don't forget your Authorization header):

https://sandbox.dev.clover.com:443/v3/merchants/{mid}/orders?filter=result==FAIL
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community