question

Ricardo Martinez avatar image
Ricardo Martinez asked Ricardo Martinez commented

Is there a way to request the start of "USB Pay Display" app in Clover Mini?

Hi

I am using the Windows SDK to develop an integration between Clover Mini and an existing windows form (.NET) program. To process Credit Card payments, windows SDK needs the "USB Pay Display" app to be running on Clover Mini.

My question is:

Is there a way to request the start of "USB Pay Display" app in Clover Mini? This way users would not need to start the app by themselves.

Another option for me could be:

To make the Clover Mini to start the "USB Pay Display" app automatically after user enters the pin (login)

Thanks,

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

blake avatar image
blake answered Ricardo Martinez commented

It should start the USB Pay Display as soon as CloverConnector initializes, if USB Pay Display is not running. If it is running and you have exited it using the four-corner touch, it won't switch to USB Pay Display and you will have to start the app.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ricardo Martinez avatar image Ricardo Martinez commented ·

Thank you Blake,

It is true, the USB Pay Display app starts after calling "cloverConnector.InitializeConnection()".

In the production environment my users will keep the Clover Mini turned on by long periods even days, and most of them will close the app to login/logout or maybe do something else.

Would it be possible to start the USB Pay Display app the first time and also the times following?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Ricardo Martinez avatar image
Ricardo Martinez answered

Thank you Blake,

It is true, the USB Pay Display app starts after calling "cloverConnector.InitializeConnection()".

I have been playing with the POS example (https://github.com/clover/remote-pay-...). When I start the POS Example program by the first time, the USB Pay Display app starts in Clover Mini; but if I close the POS Example and also close the USB Pay Display on Clover Mini, starting the POS example again won't start the USB Pay Display app, as you pointed out. I also had noticed that if I unplug and plug the USB cable I can make the app start again after another call to "cloverConnector.InitializeConnection()".

In the production environment my users will keep the Clover Mini turned on by long periods even days, and most of them will close the app to login/logout or maybe do something else.

Would it be possible to start the USB Pay Display app the first time and also the times following?

Thanks

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community