question

Ricardo Martinez avatar image
Ricardo Martinez asked Ricardo Martinez commented

Why OnVoidPaymentResponse always receive response.Success = true

Hi,

I am doing some voids with the Clover Mini with the Windows SDK, calling the VoidPayment method of the CloverConnector class, when the OnVoidPaymentResponse method is called it receives the VoidPaymentResponse with Success property always equals to True.

Even if I disconnect Mini's USB cable from the computer, if I call VoidPayment, the result.Success property will say True.

Is this expected? if yes, how can be sure if the Void is sucessfully completed or not?

Thanks,

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Are you saying that when the cable is physically disconnected, calling the SDK void method results in "success"?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ricardo Martinez avatar image Ricardo Martinez commented ·

Yes, that is what I mean

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

That is not the correct behavior. I've filed an internal issue to get it resolved.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ricardo Martinez avatar image Ricardo Martinez commented ·

Thank you Jeff

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Duane Moore avatar image
Duane Moore answered

Hi, the void call always returns 'success' because once it reaches the Clover Mini, we persist the void request until it has made it to the Clover Server. Once the void call has made it to the Clover Server, it is persisted until it reaches the payment processing host. Only in extremely rare circumstances does a void ever fail, and in those cases, the merchant or cardholder should contact their customer service representative. But from the SDK perspective, a void is more or less guaranteed to succeed. Hope that explanation helps.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community