question

dmkrebsbach avatar image
dmkrebsbach asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Setting Up a 3rd Party Web App

Hello everyone. I am working on setting up a Wep Application that integrates with Clover. I have not had much luck in the way of initial setup requirements....admittedly, I am a novice at Web Development. Do any of you know of a tutorial / git / etc that has a walkthrough or setup documentation that is a bit more intuitive for new developers than what is available on docs.Clover.com?

For example, if I have a web app that is hosted locally (for test-purposes), can I use Localhost:xxxx to test my web application in the Development Kit? Or do I need a fully functioning, hosted, secure Web App to begin developing on the POS side?

@Robin Walmsley, I saw you had some similar questions a few years ago, could you point me in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

SandboxInventory
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered
Are you trying to take payment directly from your web app or are you trying to initiate taking a payment on a Clover device from your web app?
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dmkrebsbach avatar image
dmkrebsbach answered
David

I am not taking payments at all. I would like to take information from a merchant, and provide them analysis. I have a Web App that I have built on my end (not deployed, still in development) that would take the information and then render the completed analysis. The only payment would be a merchant paying a monthly few to use.

I cannot find an example oauth file that shows requirements or syntax. I see the OAUTH information on the site, but don't know what the file looks like as a whole, how its linked to the rest of my program, etc. It's probably far more simple than I am thinking, but I still need a point in the right direction. Thanks for responding.
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered
It sounds like you just want access to our REST API. Have you see our REST API docs?
10 |2000

dmkrebsbach avatar image
dmkrebsbach answered David Marginian Deactivated commented
Yes, Ive been going over them for the last few hours. I am currently reading and re-reading the Using OAuth 2.0 4-Step Flow. For the most part, I understand how those steps are all linked together. What I do not understand is the architecture. Do these four steps need to be replicated on every page? Does this all take place in an oauth-config file? What other requirements apply to my Web App (in development, not deployed) are there to test/debug? These are the answers I cannot find.
1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Once you obtain the token it is good for one year. You can securely store it and use it for calls to our REST API. You can test with a locally deployed web application you just need to make sure your CORs URL matches your local url.

0 Likes 0 ·
dmkrebsbach avatar image
dmkrebsbach answered David Marginian Deactivated commented
David, thanks for your help. I have a Clover Station 2018 Dev Kit; where is the documentation for testing our Web App on the Development Kit? I found the documentation for an Android App using Android Studio, but cannot find it for Web Applications and REST API.
We created a Hello World page, and would like to test it w/ our test merchant and see if we can replicate our View on the Clover Station Web Browser. Thanks!
1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I don't believe you have access to a web browser on a station. You can write an Android app that utilizes web views. Here is an example - https://github.com/cloverhackathons/JavascriptWebviewBinding.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community