question

david06n avatar image
david06n asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Clover Mini fails to print refund receipt when the refund is done via Semi-integration

I request a refund via clover connector. Everything is going well: the refund is successfully done; no error sent back to connection listener. Only problem is clover fails to print refund receipts when customers choose to print. An error shown in the clover mini notification area, saying "Error printing: Failure". Tapping on that notification shows the Printer Queue with the receipt stuck in the queue with "Failure" as reason.

Here's how I request refund from my POS app:
let refundReq = new Clover.remotepay.RefundPaymentRequest();
efundReq.setFullRefund(true);
refundReq.setPaymentId( cloverPayment.id);
refundReq.setOrderId( cloverPayment.order.id);
refundReq.setDisablePrinting(false);
refundReq.setDisableReceiptSelection(false);
this.cloverConnector.refundPayment(refundReq);

What am I missing, how to make it work?

* All other printing features (print after a sale, free text printing, batch close print...) work fine; Only refund receipt printing is not working.

Clover Minisemi-integrationsPrintRefund
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered
What environment is this happening in? What SDK and what version are you using?
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

david06n avatar image
david06n answered
It's seen on CloverMini dev kit (we have not release this to production; so not sure it's happening on prod env or not); Network Pay Display app version 1.0-249. SDK: remote-pay-cloud 3.1.0;
10 |2000

David Marginian Deactivated answered david06n published
Can you grab the device logs (adb logcat) and post them here.
2 comments
10 |2000

david06n avatar image david06n commented ·

I posted piece of the log in the previous comment, but it saying waiting for review; so not sure if you can see it. Also, if the full log is needed, please let me know how I can provide it. This answer form only allows 2k characters and its upload form doesn't accept uploading a text file.

0 Likes 0 ·
08-06 23:34:34.568 1855-21338/? I/TransactionSettingsResolver: applySettings(TransactionSettingsResolver.java:135): TransactionSettings object passed to constructor was null.
08-06 23:34:34.587 1855-21338/? W/SeikoMini: onHandleIntent(PrinterIntentService.java:393): print failed, printer: Printer{uuid=07RQRKEWGDZ9Y, type=SEIKO_MINI_USB, name=Mini, mac=null, ip=null, category=RECEIPT}
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.clover.engine.services.ReceiptPrinterPlugins.DefaultReceiptViewElements.generateAdditionalTransactionAndCardDataView(DefaultReceiptViewElements.java:283)
        at com.clover.engine.services.ReceiptPrinterPlugins.DefaultReceiptViewElements.generateView(DefaultReceiptViewElements.java:91)
        at com.clover.engine.services.ReceiptPrinterPlugins.ReceiptGenerator.createPaymentView(ReceiptGenerator.java:167)
        at com.clover.engine.services.ReceiptPrinterPlugins.ReceiptGenerator.createPaymentView(ReceiptGenerator.java:142)
        at com.clover.engine.services.ReceiptPrinterPlugins.seiko.SeikoMini.printReceipt(SeikoMini.java:81)
        at com.clover.engine.services.PrinterIntentService.onHandleIntent(PrinterIntentService.java:313)
        at android.app.IntentService$ServiceHandler.handleMessage(IntentService.java:65)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
        at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
08-06 23:34:34.607 1855-21338/? I/SeikoMini: scheduleRepeat(PrinterIntentService.java:473): scheduling repeat, delaying 6250ms
08-06 23:34:38.422 2571-2571/? D/ExitTouchHandler: touch in corner: LEFT_TOP, corners: []

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian Deactivated answered david06n commented
You can put the full log on pastebin and link to it.
1 comment
10 |2000

Here's the link to it: https://pastebin.com/0fcRUkYH

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian Deactivated answered david06n commented
Can you confirm the version of clover engine running on your device?
1 comment
10 |2000

Do you mean build number in the About menu? It is "1 02.02.0099 02.01.0069 (01.002810 SRED Disabled"

If you meant something else, pls let me know where can I find it.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented
I found an internal issue for this problem and it has been fixed and will be pushed in the next apps update.
2 comments
10 |2000

Thanks David! When will the next apps update be (so we can plan our side accordingly)?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ david06n commented ·

Likely within the next few weeks.

0 Likes 0 ·
anandmisir avatar image
anandmisir answered David Marginian Deactivated commented
We are having a similar issue in our production environment. Sometimes, after a refund is performed, we are unable to send a Print request using the CloverConnector. It produces OnPrintJobStatusResponse with status 0 followed by 3. Afterwards, we are no longer able to print anything we send to our Clover Mini - we keep getting status 0 then 3.

We are using the Clover .NET SDK on Windows (Clover.RemotePayWindows v4.0.0).

Please advise if this fix referred to on Aug 8 will apply to our environement as well.
1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I don't believe your issue is related. The issue in this thread was occurring in sandbox not production.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community