question

Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

Printer Emulation

Is it possible to simulate a printer on the Android Emulator?
Having tried to launch the printers app it wants to be connected to WiFi which it looks like you can't do with API levels prior to 25. So my next step was going to be to try setting up an emulator for the Station 2018 or Mini (Gen 2) and see where I get...
Bit if anyone has managed it before, let me know how!
Thanks
PrintEmulator
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered
I found this https://community.clover.com/questions/790/any-way-to-visualize-receipt-on-emulator.html but my experience is that a star printer on my local network is not identified by my emulator (I suspect this is because it uses an isolated subnet/network with some form of NAT rather than having an IP and receiving broadcasts etc on my main LAN?
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered
Another update for anyone reading. I have managed to get my Star printer connected to an Android tablet to allow working with some printer related bits, but would still love a better solution.
I guess while on the tablet topic... does anyone have suggestions for good tablets to mimic the various Clover devices (i.e. screen size/resolution and operating system version)?
10 |2000

Dan avatar image
Dan answered Jeffrey Blattman commented
You did see this right?

I have not tried it yet, but it looks like a great feature
2 comments
10 |2000

Lee Tickett avatar image Lee Tickett commented ·

Amazing, no I had not! Unfortunately, I just tried it on my US station 2018 emulator and it didn't work (it looked to execute the command scucessfully but when I go to add printers there are none found;

C:\Users\lee\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools>adb shell am startservice -n "com.clover.engine/.services.ReceiptPrinterPlugins.image.EnableImagePrintService" -a "enable"
Starting service: Intent { act=enable cmp=com.clover.engine/.services.ReceiptPrinterPlugins.image.EnableImagePrintService }

Thinking it may only work in sandbox I tried on my flex sandbox emulator but the command didn't even work;

C:\Users\lee\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools>adb shell am startservice -n "com.clover.engine/.services.ReceiptPrinterPlugins.image.EnableImagePrintService" -a "enable"
Starting service: Intent { act=enable cmp=com.clover.engine/.services.ReceiptPrinterPlugins.image.EnableImagePrintService }
Error: Not found; no service started.

Hopefully someone from Clover may be able to help?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ Lee Tickett commented ·

What version of com.clover.engine exists on your emulator / device?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community