We have heard from our developers regarding the Build.SERIAL change and the need for more notice about ROM updates in the future. We have taken the following actions:
- After investigating mitigations for the Build.SERIAL issue, we have found a way to restore the old behavior by modifying the Android open source code.
- We have created a new A10 ROM build and have done additional testing.
- The new A10 ROMs have rolled out to our sandbox environment.
- We started rolling out the new ROMs to all merchants as of 10th January, 2022.
- When we roll out the new (patched) A10 ROMs, we expect the existing apps to be compatible, and to work as normal with these ROMs.
Please re-test your apps in sandbox and let us know if you see any issues.
- We are grateful to those app developers who have speedily patched their apps to no longer use Build.SERIAL. We encourage developers who have not yet done so to complete their changes as soon as possible.
- The patch to Build.SERIAL will be removed as part of the next major Android upgrade.
If you have questions or concerns, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “A10 ROM” in the subject line.