question

linwh1984 avatar image
linwh1984 asked parquet76 answered

How to pass back the merchant order number in Webhooks?

I’m currently using Clover’s Webhooks to receive order notifications. I would like to know if it’s possible to have my website’s custom order number sent back to me in the Webhook notification. If this is achievable, how should I configure the Webhooks or include the custom order number in the request so that it’s returned in the callback? Thank you very much for your assistance!

Webhooks
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
parquet76 avatar image
parquet76 answered

Clover webhooks only send you the ID of the order. If you need info on the order, then you need to make an API call to retrieve that info. The correct way to link the clover order to your order would be to save an externalId (or whatever you want to call it) field in your db and persist the clover id into that field after it has been created. Otherwise, you would need to find a field on the clover order to save your ID, retrieve the order from clover after retrieving the webhooks, and read the field where you stored your ID.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community