question

rpm avatar image
rpm asked lyly19 answered

Can I use Cloud Pay Display on the customer facing part of the Duo?

Hello. Please let me know if I can use an ecommerce API / cloud / REST / my website wants to talk to a terminal... with the Station Duo Dev-Kit.

I have been able to get it to work on the merchant facing screen after sideloading the Cloud Pay Display APK on to it. If I do not have the Cloud Pay Display app installed and open, my messages time out, but if I do they work on the merchant facing screen... but I want them to work on the customer facing screen (similar to Mini 3, but attached via USB to the other screen).

I am going to continue developing on the wrong screen now, but I need to have this fixed eventually (or switch to the Solo or Mini 3 instead of the Duo... don't want to though)

Cloud Pay Displaystation pro
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rpm avatar image
rpm answered

I have just discovered that if I run Cloud Pay Display on the big screen, and then I do a /v1/device/read-signature, the little screen goes to a loading circle. After entering the signature on the big screen, it goes to a loading circle as well (and the little screen blinks every time you touch the screen while entering your signature).. After that /v1/device/display, welcome, and thank-you all work on BOTH screens.

However, once you exit Cloud Pay Display on the big screen, the little screen does nothing but display the clover logo until you reboot the device.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rpm avatar image
rpm answered

I have it working pretty reliably on both screens at the same time. If anyone knows how to make it just work on the little screen while my website remains on the big one, please let me know. I hope this is fixed in an update to Cloud Pay Display that is officially compatible with the Duo.

10 |2000

lyly19 avatar image
lyly19 answered

Yes, you can use an eCommerce API or cloud service Mapquest Directions with the Station Duo Dev-Kit. It seems like the issue may be with the Cloud Pay Display app not being active on the customer-facing screen. You might need to ensure that the app is properly configured and running on both screens or explore alternative solutions like the Solo or Mini 3 if needed.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community