question

dtooker avatar image
dtooker asked blake commented

Problem with refunds via USB

In a production environment, when I call the RefundPayment procedure on the CloverConnector object, instead of the OnRefundPaymentResponse event firing, the OnDeviceDisconnected event fires. Interestingly, the refund is processed successfully by Clover, but I'm not getting the event firing I expected.

The same program code works as expected when working with a unit connected to the sandbox, which is to say when the RefundPayment request is sent, the Clover displays a receipt selection screen, prints a receipt, and the API fires the expected OnRefundPaymentResponse event. In a production environment, the Clover doe NOT display a receipt selection screen, but DOES process the refund, then fires the disconnect event, and displays the previous DisplayOrder.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Refund
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

blake avatar image blake ♦ commented ·

Are you using the Windows SDK? What version of the SDK? What version of Windows? Are you using the DLL or one of the Windows services?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

dtooker avatar image
dtooker answered

This is in Windows SDK version 1.0,0.0, connecting to Clover via the DLL.

I apologize for not updating this question. I had contected Clover directly, and it turns out that this is a known issue that they are working on. The workaround is to tap all 4 corners of the device to exit USB Pay Display, then run the refund as the very first transaction, which does work.

Clover indicates that they expect a fix by the end of October.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community