question

phan.dev avatar image
phan.dev asked bryanvargas edited

How to check whether Secure Network Pay Display app is opened (started) or not?

Hi, I'm using remote-pay-ios SDK for semi-integration.
Is there anyway to check whether Secure Network Pay Display app is opened [Started] or not from the POS side?

1624914087976.png

Clover Minisemi-integrationsClover Flexsecure network pay displayRemote Pay iOS
1624914087976.png (115.3 KiB)
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

stephanilope avatar image stephanilope commented ·

In my opinion just make sure the network is open and everything should work properly slope ball

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered phan.dev commented

I assume you are talking about Secure Network Pay Display. If it isn't running the server on the device won't be running, so there is no way to connect to the device.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

phan.dev avatar image phan.dev commented ·

Hi David,

My problem: Sometime my customers close the SNPD app and using other apps (e.g. Closeout app). After that, they forgot to re-open (press [start] button) the SNPD on the Clover device.
So my POS can't communicate with the SNPD.

I would like to check whether the SNPD app is opened or not to ask my customer open (press [star]t button) again.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ phan.dev commented ·
You can't communicate with the device if the app that allows that communication is closed. Instead, you should detect that you are not connected via the POS (there are various hooks in the SDK that you can use) and then prompt the user "Unable to establish a connection with your Clover device. Please verify that Secure Network Pay Display is running and that your network connection is up.".
1 Like 1 ·
phan.dev avatar image phan.dev David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
@

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
ferty avatar image
ferty answered

Please ensure that Secure Network Pay Display is operational and that your network connection is operational.

retro bowl

10 |2000

janesbenth2 avatar image
janesbenth2 answered bryanvargas edited

I'm going to assume you're referring about Secure Network Pay Display. There will be no way to connect to the device if it isn't running because the server won't be running.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community