question

phan.dev avatar image
phan.dev asked Daniel James commented

Discover Clover devices in the local network before pairing

Hi,
I'm using Remote Pay iOS SDK for semi-integration.
I see the Shopkeep can discover Clover devices in the local network before pairing.

How can I get the Serial Number of Clover devices with Remote Pay SDK? Please help!

1622753274643.png

semi-integrationssecure network pay displayRemote Pay iOS
1622753274643.png (343.6 KiB)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Daniel James avatar image
Daniel James answered Daniel James commented

Hey Phan,

This isn't currently a feature that's provided by the remote-pay SDK, and not something that we officially support.

However, I believe this is being provided by an mDNS network discovery service on the device, which was not originally intended for semi-integrations. As such, any use of this is not guaranteed for the future. However, we'll look into what it would take to make this a more officially supported feature set.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

phan.dev avatar image phan.dev commented ·

Thanks Daniel! Your quick response helps me so much!

0 Likes 0 ·
phan.dev avatar image phan.dev commented ·

@
Does Clover device support mDNS responder?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniel James avatar image Daniel James phan.dev commented ·

I'm not positive whether or not the Clover devices support a responder. I think a more accurate description is that we have a broadcaster on the device; you're then able to build a responder into your custom point-of-sale to discover the Clover device.

1 Like 1 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community