question

dhanaraj avatar image
dhanaraj asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Is there a way to add modifiers in bulk?

I have a requirement to add multiple modifiers to all the line item in a single API request.

Adding to the below post stating "I will create an enhancement request for such bulk modification functionality, as that will reduce the number of API calls required."

Ref Url - https://community.clover.com/answers/11191/view.html

Is there any enhancement made or Is it there in the roadmap?

LineItemsModifiers
1577387211411.png (50.4 KiB)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nicholas Ho avatar image
Nicholas Ho answered

Currently, there is no bulk method of adding modifications to a line item.

The only way around this is to add each modification individually in separate calls: https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/working-with-orders#section-add-item-modifiers

We understand that too many API calls will make your app hit its rate limit but we recommend staggering the calls to avoid this issue.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

captainben avatar image
captainben answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

The ability to reduce api calls is important to improving stability from time outs, load on your system, load on my system, data consistency. Is there any timeline to fixing this issue? Thanks guys

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I agree. I do not have any updates on if/when this will be addressed.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community