question

dpacheco17 avatar image
dpacheco17 asked Emmanuel MacCaull answered

Adding modifiers to lineItems

Hi, I've been developing some time this app using the rest API and I've come across some obstacles. Some of which are having to run separate api calls for order creation, adding lineItems, adding modifiers to lineItems, etc. I would like to know if there is going to be an update soon for it to be just one API call with all the information an order requires. This would really improve the performance of my app and would not make me do 10-15+ API calls just to make an order which can lead to reaching the quota limit of API calls and not letting me make more.

The problem I have now is with adding modifiers to the lineItems, can I add all the modifiers in a single call or do I have to go one by one adding each modifier to the lineItem?

Thanks in advance.

OrdersREST APIInventoryLineItemsModifiers
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

One by one unfortunately. You are not the first person to report this and we do have an issue to improve the API on our end. Unfortunately, that issue has been open for quite some time. I hope it will be resolved but I don't think it is going to be soon.

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

·
Emmanuel MacCaull avatar image
Emmanuel MacCaull answered

@dpacheco17, we now have an atomic order endpoint that lets you create an order with a single API request. Hopefully, this would help you or others that find this question: https://docs.clover.com/docs/working-with-orders#atomic-order-requests

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community