question

truckxi avatar image
truckxi asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Issue with connecting Clover Mini device with POS

I am using remote-pay-cloud SDK 1.4.3 on my android App trying to connect with Clover mini, but i could not connect to Clover device with local network connection method. The Network Pay Display(DEV) App is installed on my Clover mini device, if i uncheck [Server Is Secured] box at setting page of Network Pay Display(DEV) App. i am able to connect to the device. I think there might be some issue with certificate? Please help me to solve the problem
Clover Android SDKClover Minisecure network pay display
4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Is there a reason you are using remote-pay-cloud and not remote-pay-android?

0 Likes 0 ·
truckxi avatar image truckxi David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

The engineer who wrote this Clover connection is no longer working here. but he was able to get it work.

0 Likes 0 ·
truckxi avatar image truckxi commented ·

according to the documentation

the Disadvantages of local network connection/direct connection are:

Your POS users will be required to install and trust the Clover device server certificate in each browser that runs the POS.

i am running my application on Android system. there is no browser involved at all. how can i bypass the certification issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ truckxi commented ·

Your implementation must be using an Android WebView as the Cloud SDK is written in JavaScript. I would strongly suggest reconsidering the original implemenation.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered
This approach doesn't make sense to me. If you already have an android app, using Remote Pay Android seems to be a better fit. That being said the certificate used by SNPD on the device is self signed. If you want to connect via your Android app utilizing the Cloud SDK you will need to install the device's certificate on the Android device. I am not sure of the exact steps you need to perform to accomplish this as it is an uncommon/not recommended approach. If you were using Remote Pay Android it handles the certificate internally so you wouldn't have to worry about this.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community