question

vhernandez avatar image
vhernandez asked vhernandez commented

Is clover connector sdk a good option to go?

Hello, I'm gonna start up a new android project for the flex and the mini (it basically will perform preAuth and capture), I've used USB pay display and secure network pay display so far, I have not used the clover android connector without any clover app yet, I'm thinking to give a try to the clover connector without any clover app, so is this way safe? do you recommend it?, I know there are advantages using USBPD and SNPD, please let me know if I can rely on use the sdk without any clover app.

Always thank you for all the help, regards

Clover Android SDKClover MiniClover Flexsecure network pay displayUSB Pay Display
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered vhernandez commented

You want to use our SDK without one of our Pay Display apps? I don't quite understand why you would want to do that, it would be a huge amount of work.

5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vhernandez avatar image vhernandez commented ·

The reason I want to try it is because if I use SNPD my app will depends on it, it brings some problems as the commented bellow.

- If the SNPD does not boot, my app won't do it.

- If there is not internet connection, my app won't connect with SNPD.

Regrettably the combination of this problems bring more issues and seem to don't have a fix, that's why I'm asking if you recommend to use the sdk without play display apps.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ vhernandez commented ·

"- If the SNPD does not boot, my app won't do it."

Can't your app have the same problem?

"- If there is not internet connection, my app won't connect with SNPD."

How do you expect to be able to make a network connection to your app if the network is down?

0 Likes 0 ·
vhernandez avatar image vhernandez David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Can't your app have the same problem?

It can have it but using SNPD it causes more issues p.e. users get stuck and there is nothing to do. also the connection can get expired etc.

How do you expect to be able to make a network connection to your app if the network is down?

I know without network is not possible, but that's a disadvantage also, if I use only the android sdk without any clover app, I can handle that scenario, and the SNPD app is amazing just it does not cover all possible failure cases. and those can happen, that's why I'm asking.

So please let me know if you recommend to use the sdk without any clover app, can I relay on that sdk or batter to use DP clover apps, thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community