question

skodama avatar image
skodama asked skodama commented

Skipping "Verify Signature" Step at Clover Secure Pay App

I'm calling the Clover Secure Pay App intent from my app and I would like to skip the "Verify Signature" step at the pay app.

I have checked all the Extra keys allowed at com.clover.sdk.v1.Intents class, but could not find any that might allow me to skip that step.

Is it possible?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jiong-shen avatar image
jiong-shen answered skodama commented

You cannot skip the "Verify Signature" step because that's part of the merchant configuration (Payment -> Sign on paper receipt with the amount above threshold, and EMV transactions always requires signature). What are you doing that you require this step to be skipped?

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

skodama avatar image skodama commented ·

Thank you for the info. We are trying to use the Clover device solely as a payment terminal in a retail environment, and since the device will be always facing the customer side, it is not practical to have the "Verify Signature" step in our case. We do need the signature, but the verify step is not necessary for us.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered skodama commented

If you want to use Clover devices as a purely customer facing device with a non-Clover POS device, you should ideally connect the Clover device to your POS device via USB or network, we have a host of options regarding this and we support a few protocols. If you want more information about how to accomplish this type of connection please open another ticket in devask with some information about the POS device you are using and we will do our best to explain the options. When the Clover device operates in this POS attached mode we call it a semi-integrated solution.

If there is no ability for you to connect the Clover device to your POS or your POS too simple (perhaps it is a desktop calculator) you may want to consider using the Clover Merchant Keypad accessory so that the Clover device can remain customer facing during the entire transaction. See this page for more information about the Merchant Keypad: https://help.clover.com/guide/set-up-...

1 comment
10 |2000

skodama avatar image skodama commented ·

Hi jacob, Thanks for the info. We were not aware of the semi-integrated solution and we were trying to accomplish this task by connecting our POS with the clover device android app via a message queue server. I will open a ticket for the semi-integrated solution.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community