question

brokenoval avatar image
brokenoval asked litpro commented

How to close out order once full payment is taken?

Using /v3/merchants/{mId}/orders/{oId}/payments I can add a payment to an order. If this payment is large enough to cover the entire order, how can I go straight to the Print Receipt screen (i.e. close out the order)?

Currently if I add a payment that covers the entire order a user is still required to put through a second Zero Cash payment to close out the order.

Thanks!

Orders
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brokenoval avatar image brokenoval commented ·

Thanks Mike - this sorted it out.

0 Likes 0 ·
litpro avatar image litpro brokenoval commented ·

Sorry to bother you brokenOval, but I'm curious about how this ended up working for you. I'm trying to return to the print receipt screen in the register, but can't seem to get there or close out the order myself.

0 Likes 0 ·
litpro avatar image litpro litpro commented ·

Aha, I just needed to be using a different taskAffinity for my activity. But if you have other insights about interacting with register, I'd be glad to hear them.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered

Possible alternative: Have you tried implementing Custom Tenders as specified here? https://docs.clover.com/build/android-apps/custom-tenders/ Then you can add a payment to an order without having to post to the v3 API.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community