question

thedangler avatar image
thedangler asked parquet76 edited

Sandbox Webhooks in Globel Dev Not working

I have no idea why webhooks are not working. I started with a fresh application.
Made sure the application was installed in the test merchant after everything was setup.
No matter what happens, 0 webhooks calls are made. My webhooks are verified and I selected what events to watch for.
My webhooks URL is different than my SIte URL because I'm using a webhooks service to inspect the events.

Anyone have their sandbox webhooks working?

ecommerceWebhooks
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered thedangler commented

are you permissions in sync with the events you are registered through webhooks?

https://docs.clover.com/docs/webhooks

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thedangler avatar image thedangler commented ·

Yes, I have all the correct permissions setup.

Even webhooks for the app, like when its installed or uninstalled do not fire.

screenshot-2024-03-21-at-53744pm.png

0 Likes 0 ·
parquet76 avatar image parquet76 thedangler commented ·

Did you have all those permissions prior to installing the app? That is what matters. I would uninstall and reinstall the app to make sure.

0 Likes 0 ·
thedangler avatar image thedangler parquet76 commented ·
Yes, I had all of them before installing the app like I said in the first post.

I turned on everything to make sure.
I have yet to receive one webhook from clover. They didn't work in the old dev platform and they Dont work in the new dev platform.

I even uninstalled the app and reinstalled it to see if the install webhook would be fired. NOTHING happens.

The dev environment should show some sort of logs so people don't go crazy and can resolve issues on their own.

Is there anyone that can check if they are even firing?

0 Likes 0 ·
thedangler avatar image
thedangler answered

Webhooks still not working.
I even bought a service to keep the same url.
I've uninstalled my app re installed it. I have all the correct permissions.
I verified the webhook....
This is getting ridiculous.

10 |2000

parquet76 avatar image
parquet76 answered parquet76 commented

Webhooks are working fine in sandbox. I just set up a new app with webhooks and posted an order via the atomic order API and received the create webhook message. I also created a customer and received the create webhook message. I had some trouble with inventory hooks (as described in the next paragraph) but I was able to get those working with a little effort too.

I did notice some funkiness with my permission selections for my app not saving correctly, and I suspect you may be running into the same issue. I selected all the permissions and saved and some of the permissions were still unchecked (in my case inventory read) when the page re-loaded. I had to do this a few times to get things right. Of course, I had already installed my app so I had to uninstall and then re-install it and Voila, I started receiving inventory webhook messages. There is definitely some sort of Clover bug here but you can work around it like I did.

This took me about 5 minutes to test/figure out so I am not sure why you can't do a bit of testing/thinking/troubleshooting and report back with some helpful details instead of just complaints (which you do A LOT of, not surprised no one is volunteering to help you). If you are not receiving any webhook messages the issue is on your end. I would suggest looking at your server configuration and perhaps taking it out of the picture entirely by testing with Pipedream (free, simple, easy to set-up). If messages aren't being delivered to Pipedream then you are doing something else wrong (updating items for the wrong merchant, wrong permissions, need to uninstall/reinstall, etc.)

6 comments
10 |2000

I setup a whole new developer account. Fresh new app in the global dev. I bought a service specifically for testing webhooks. Nothing is being set to that server after receive the initial setup request with the verification key. Then nothing after that. I have other webhooks working being sent to the same service and those come in just fine.

Something is odd. Why would the initial setup of webhook work then nothing after that?

0 Likes 0 ·

App permissions (I know you insist they are correct), you aren't doing something that actually fires a webhook or you aren't firing it for a merchant that has installed your app. That's all I can think of.

0 Likes 0 ·
thedangler avatar image thedangler parquet76 commented ·
I have all permissions setup, I've uninstalled the app, re-installed it. Tried adding a customer, removing, adding inventory, removing. Nothing seems to trigger it.

I'm going to try again today with pipedream. If that doesn't work, I'll have to record a video if it not working lol

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

pipedream is accepting the webhooks.
Clover must have something blocking it or expose.dev service is blocking it somehow.
I'm tried sending post data to my expose url mysite.us-1.sharedwithexpose.com and it works fine. All request are coming in.

I wonder if clover is blocking the us-1.sharedwithexpose.com domain?

Weird stuff.

0 Likes 0 ·
I doubt the issue is on Clovers end, all they do is post to the provided url. I told you webhooks are working, maybe you will be a bit nicer in the future now that you see not every thing is clovers fault.
0 Likes 0 ·
thedangler avatar image
thedangler answered parquet76 edited

Clover must be blocking expose.dev or something. I just tried another service for webhooks and its fine the service then relays the webhook to the url I was providing clover and im receiving the webhooks now.

So something is wrong with clover webhook send. There might be a black list of URLs maybe?

No idea whats going on at this point.

1 comment
10 |2000

parquet76 avatar image parquet76 commented ·

Highly doubt it is a blacklist on Clovers end. Also you said you are getting the verification but not the messages, that isn't consistent with a blacklist on Clovers end is it? I would contact expose.dev and ask them if they can look into things on their end.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community