question

hsukhwa avatar image
hsukhwa asked milisa21 answered

REST Pay Tip adjust for Canada region

For REST Pay Semi-Integration, is tip adjust is not supported for the Canadian region?

When I send a request like below, it returns with AUTHFeature is not supported in your region.

{
    "amount": 5100, 
    "final": false, 
    "externalPaymentId": "{
                  {$randomPhoneNumberExt}}", 
    "deviceOptions": 
    {

"disableCashback": false, 
        "offlineOptions": 
        {

"allowOfflinePayment": false, 
            "approveOfflinePaymentWithoutPrompt": false,
            "forceOfflinePayment": false 
        },
        "cardEntryMethods": 
        [ "MAG_STRIPE", "EMV", "NFC", "MANUAL" ],
        "cardNotPresent": false 
    }
}
REST APIsemi-integrations
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

It is supported: https://docs.clover.com/docs/authorizing-a-tip-adjusted-payment-on-paper

I may need a little more information on your flow.

0 Likes 0 ·
hsukhwa avatar image hsukhwa bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

I tried app ID: QNN49M7Y5D2G2 with Postman sample from the Clover.

When I send a payment request, I received this response.

{
    "code": "invalid_request",
    "message": "AUTHFeature is not supported in your region.",
    "requestId": "9e6c4858-694c-490f-802f-1cd82c0a8c83",
    "requestType": "PAY",
    "type": "validation_error"
}
0 Likes 0 ·
maurafrankline avatar image maurafrankline bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

Hi sorry for posting here I just recently joined this community and didn't get any verification email, so I would like to know that to whom I should need to contact with? Thanks for help in advance.

0 Likes 0 ·
myers4g avatar image
myers4g answered myers4g edited

Hello,

For specific details regarding the REST Pay Semi-Integration and tip adjust functionality in the Canadian region, it is recommended to consult the documentation or reach out to the payment service provider or system integrator you are working with. They will have the most up-to-date information and can provide accurate guidance regarding the availability and support for tip adjust in your region. EZ Drive MA

Best regard,
Myers4G

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

parquet76 avatar image
parquet76 answered hsukhwa commented

Despite what Bryan says, this is not supported, at least according to Clover's own documentation:

https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/region-specific-features

Found by searching this forum:

https://community.clover.com/questions/22145/pre-auth-functionality-in-canada.html

3 comments
10 |2000

hsukhwa avatar image hsukhwa commented ·

Then, how can I pass test case 6 on Test REST Pay flows?

https://docs.clover.com/docs/testing-rest-pay-flows-canada

0 Likes 0 ·
parquet76 avatar image parquet76 hsukhwa commented ·
Maybe the docs I linked to are out of date and its just an issue with sandbox or something, I don't know.
0 Likes 0 ·
hsukhwa avatar image hsukhwa parquet76 commented ·
I guess it was an issue with the sandbox. it works now.
0 Likes 0 ·
allenebrick avatar image
allenebrick answered allenebrick edited

It appears that tip adjust functionality for REST Pay Semi-Integration is not supported in the Canadian region. The request returns an "AUTHFeature is not supported in your region" error.

10 |2000

grantelliot avatar image
grantelliot answered

It appears that for REST Pay Semi-Integration, tip adjust is not supported in the Canadian region. When making a request as shown, it returns an error indicating that the AUTHFeature is not available in that region.

10 |2000

ella32 avatar image
ella32 answered

The ability to change tips for REST Pay Semi-Integration doesn't seem to work in the Canadian area. An error message saying "AUTHFeature is not supported in your region" is sent back with the request.

10 |2000

milisa21 avatar image
milisa21 answered

To find out more about the REST Pay Semi-Integration and tip adjust features in Canada, you should look at the paperwork or get in touch with the payment service provider or system integrator you are working with. They will have the most up-to-date information and can give you correct advice about whether tip adjust is available in your area and how to get help with it.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community