I'm developing a custom tender app. I've done the following so far:

• I've created the project based on the extensible-tender example
  • I've built it, created the apk and signed it
  • I've created the app on the sandbox portal, uploaded the apk for the app
  • Installed the app for my sandbox merchant on the portal
  • I've set up and emulator, everything there is running fine
  • I've installed the clover engine on the emulator
  • I've linked the account
  • I've downloaded the install_apps script and run it - it has installed all the clover apps on the emulator
  • I've installed my apk using adb
  • I've run the app - initialized the tender
  • I can see the new tender method available when I go to pay for an order

So that's great! Now, I'm developing this iteratively since I'm new on the scene, so I made some changes:

• The most simple change I made was to the name of the Tender method itself
  • I rebuilt the project, regenerated the apk and installed it using adb
  • The tender name did not change
  • I tried restarting the device after the install
  • I tried uninstalling it, restarting the device, reinstalling it
  • I tried upping the version number and uploading the apk on the sandbox portal and doing all of the above steps again, and still the tender name does not change

My guess is that I'm missing a step somewhere, or there's something cached which I need to remove... If anyone can help with the proper process to follow during the development cycle for updating the app on the device, I'd really appreciate it.

I also noticed that the latest com.opensource.clover.browser-2015388560.apk fails to install when running the install_apps.py (see attached)install_apps stack trace.txt

Emulator
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Srinivas Guddati avatar image Srinivas Guddati commented ·
What I've also noticed is that if you uninstall the customer tender app, reinstall it with adb, and launch it from the launcher, it doesn't go through the initializing process again - it just gives the message that the tender is linked to the merchant. Is there something that can be done to break that link - since that doesn't seem to happen when the app is uninstalled?
0 Likes 0 ·
Srinivas Guddati avatar image Srinivas Guddati commented ·

Also - I can see see the previous tender methods linked to my sandbox merchant even though I've uninstalled the apps on both the portal and on the emulator... I must be missing something...Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 4.04.56 PM.png

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community