question

brokenoval avatar image
brokenoval asked brokenoval edited

Print labelled items to different associated printers

This is similar to this question: https://community.clover.com/questions/40675/print-items-to-different-printers-based-on-label.html

I'm trying to get this working using 2 processes. 1, the standard "Print Order Receipt" button after a payment is taken and 2. via the API (https://docs.clover.com/reference/ordercreateprintevent).

Here's my hardware set up:

• I have a restaurant with a Star Micronics printer in the Kitchen and another in the Bar.
  • I have two items (for simplicity), Burger and Beer. Burger is labelled "Kitchen" and Beer is labelled "Bar".
  • I have connected the printers to the clover device as Order Printers
  • I have removed the built in device printers (just to keep everything clean)
  • I have configured both order printers so one prints labels "Kitchen" and the other prints items labelled "Bar"

I ring up an order with two items, Burger and Beer. When I "Print Order Receipt", or when I send a POST request to the API I expect:
- the Kitchen printer to print an order receipt with 1 x Burger

- the Bar printer to print an order receipt with 1 x Beer

What's actually happening:

1. Click "Print Order Receipt"
  2. Pop up asks which printer to use
  3. I have to select either the Kitchen printer or the Bar printer
  4. Both items are printed on the selected printer

Using the API:

1. POST ../ordercreateprintevent
  2. Both items are printed on the first printer in the Printer configuration list

What am I doing wrong here? How can I get the items to print on their respective printers, and how can I avoid that pop up asking to select an order printer?

Edit: bump

OrdersPrint
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
greyskymedia avatar image
greyskymedia answered brokenoval edited

img-3149.jpgTo be honest, it sounds like you haven't associated your Items with the labels. Would you double check that and maybe even send over a screenshot?

img-3148.jpg

img-3148.jpg (332.5 KiB)
img-3149.jpg (308.9 KiB)
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brokenoval avatar image brokenoval commented ·

I definitely have labelled them as I can see the functionality working if I:

-create order (don't pay for it)

-opem Orders app

- click the open order

- click "Reprint order receipt"

- kitchen items print on kitchen printer, and bar items on bar printer

So I can get the expected bahaviour if I go through the orders app, just not if I stick to the standard Register app process, and also not if I trigger the print job via the API.

Will send photos when I'm back at the clover d vice tomorrow, but I'm 100% certain the printers, items and labels are set up correctly.

Edit:
Item set up with printer labels:
1669821663984.png

Printer Set up to print labels:
1669821991616.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1669821663984.png (33.3 KiB)
1669821991616.png (344.6 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community