question

eingfilip avatar image
eingfilip asked bryanvargas commented

Webhooks only for Orders

Based on this page from your documentation https://docs.clover.com/docs/webhooks I can see that our app can subscribe to all updates for:

• C: Customers: A customer is created, updated, or deleted
  • CA: Cash Adjustments: A cash log event occurs
  • E: Employees: An employee is created, updated, or deleted
  • I: Inventory: An inventory item is created, updated, or deleted
  • IC: Inventory Category: An inventory category is created, updated, or deleted
  • IG: Inventory Modifier Group: An inventory modifier group is created, updated, or deleted
  • IM: Inventory Modifier: An inventory modifier is created, updated, or deleted
  • O: Orders: An order is created, updated, or deleted
  • M: Merchants: A merchant property is changed or a new merchant is added
  • P: Payments: A payment is created or updated

but I'm interested only in:

• O: Orders: An order is created, updated, or deleted

is it possible to be "subscribed" only for Orders and not Merchants, Employees, or Inventory, etc...

Our app is showing orders as Kitchen Display Screen and we don't want our public endpoint getting "spammed" with other updates because we are only interested in orders...?

Webhooks
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dpierce avatar image
dpierce answered

Yes. When you set the webhook up you are given the option to what things you want it to listen to.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eingfilip avatar image
eingfilip answered

Can you explain to me where is that option visible, when we are submitting the hook?

10 |2000

dpierce avatar image
dpierce answered

During the process of adding the webhook, after verification, the list of events to subscribe to will be selectable. When editing an existing webhook you will see them listed also.

10 |2000

cmacha2 avatar image
cmacha2 answered bryanvargas commented

How can i see the information about this specific event , i wanna know all about this order but only i can see this information

{

"appId": "WRF9X2RT9XXXX",

"merchants": {

"WKWX5QDYXXXX": [

{

"objectId": "O:9JBEAMPNXXXX",

"type": "CREATE",

"ts": 1685488XXXX

}

]

}

}

2 comments
10 |2000

parquet76 avatar image parquet76 commented ·
You need to use the API to obtain the details.
0 Likes 0 ·
bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

You can run the Get a Single Order API /v3/merchants/{mId}/orders/{orderId} with that order object UUID in the path param.
More information on the API can be found here: https://docs.clover.com/reference/ordergetorder

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community