question

yilipiao avatar image
yilipiao asked yilipiao action

webhooks cannot get data

1. When I create an Inventory item, i received the webhook data is like this:

{"appId":"Q91VFQY7WG450","merchants":{"3FAG0PN5TT1K1":[{"objectId":"I:PQJQD76T8961W","type":"CREATE","ts":1617234755982}]}}

There is no item name, sku, price and other information i need for this item.

2.Also, I want to test webhooks for order, but I could not make an order for my sandbox app.

3. How do I test for my product merchant? I am making an inventory app for my own company. I need to get all orders from clover to change my inventory.

Thank you so much!

OrdersSandboxInventoryWebhooksProduction
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered yilipiao commented

1. "There is no item name, sku, price and other information i need for this item."

The webhook is notifying you that item PQ.....1W has changed. When receieved you will query for that item to obtain the updated data.

2. Also, I want to test webhooks for order, but I could not make an order for my sandbox app.

You can use the orders api to create an order - https://docs.clover.com/docs/working-with-orders.

3. How do I test for my product merchant? I am making an inventory app for my own company. I need to get all orders from clover to change my inventory.

I am not sure what you are asking.

5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yilipiao avatar image yilipiao commented ·

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

For the third question, I am testing it from sandbox, but I am wondering how to test it for my real merchant. I have POS machine, and I want to get orders using webhooks from there.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ yilipiao commented ·

Are you the merchant or are you developing an app for a merchant to use? Unfortunately, to use web hooks in production you must have a Clover app and in production you won't be able to install an app to your merchant unless it has went though our approval process.

0 Likes 0 ·
yilipiao avatar image yilipiao David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I am the developer for my company, and my company is the merchant. I am developing apps for my company.

So i have to give all my code to your team to get approval? and then download it from the app store?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community