question

Corey avatar image
Corey asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Error 403 when responding to webhooks.

We deployed a newer version of our app today that utilizes webhooks. When our backend responds to webhooks we get an error 403.

We have double checked all URLs and Verification codes.
We've tried it on an unpublished app on the Clover dashboard and it worked with no problems. Can we get more information as to why we are receiving error 403?

APP ID: 75DY65YX31M9C

Thanks,

Corey

Webhooks
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

It looks like most of your 403s are calls to obtain orders and you are expanding on customers, employee and line items. I would guess that the token you are using doesn't have the correct permissions to expand on those fields. If you modify the permissions of your app, each merchant needs to uninstall/reinstall your app and you need to obtain a new token.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Corey avatar image
Corey answered Corey converted comment to answer

@david We tried that already and it's still not working (I resinstalled on my store and I tried on a live merchant's store as well). Do you have a log that you can look at and give us a more precise error response?

10 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I looked at our logs, the error is "Domain Exception : Invalid permissions for expandable fields."

0 Likes 0 ·
Corey avatar image Corey David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
I did like you said and reinstalled the app. What else do you recommend?
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ Corey commented ·

I just checked your application and it doesn't have read customers, so, not sure how you expect to be able to expand on customers.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Corey avatar image
Corey answered
@david Thank you David. :)
10 |2000

Corey avatar image
Corey answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

@david I'm not getting an error 401.

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

You are not? I will assume you mean you are, everything you need to know to resolve 401s can be found here - https://docs.clover.com/docs/401-unauthorized. Read through this carefully.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community