question

xmark avatar image
xmark asked xmark commented

Problem getting Oauth working for live merchant

I've gotten the payment REST API working for my sandbox account and merchant, but I'm currently trying to make it work with the live merchant and a live developer account. However, when I go to https://www.clover.com/oauth/authorize?client_id=xxxx (I was still logged in) it just freezes with the little animated clover icon in the middle of the screen and nothing happens. I checked the access logs on the server that the authorize script is supposed to contact and there was no activity. I tried it on multiple browsers just to make sure it wasn't an issue with my main browser (Firefox), but the same thing ended up happening. I tried this yesterday. Today I can't even log into developer-home because the login page freezes with the little login icon (again, verified with multiple browsers). What could be causing these freezes?

OAuth
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Has your app been approved?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

xmark avatar image
xmark answered

Update: I was able to log in, but the authorize page still freezes with no post to the URL on my side.

10 |2000

xmark avatar image
xmark answered xmark commented

Ah, that may be the issue. I haven't submitted the app. I was under the impression that I wouldn't need to because I'm just making a simple payment integration for one specific merchant and not trying to make something publicly available on the app marketplace for other merchants. I admit that I'm not up to speed with exactly what Clover is in the big picture sense, as I'm just trying to get one merchant hooked up with a payment integration. So, do I need to get it approved to be able to connect with it?

4 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
No, in this case you can probably just use a merchant token (no app required). See your merchant dashboard EComm Api Token section.
1 Like 1 ·
xmark avatar image xmark David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Oh, from my experience in the sandbox it seemed to me that it was necessary to create an app in order to get the Oauth token necessary for the step where you generate a PAKMS key, since it requires the auth_token from Oauth. Would I be able to simply substitute the merchant token in its place?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ xmark commented ·
You need to generate an ECommerce API Token. It will have a public key (which is your PAKMS) and a private key (which will be your access token).
1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community