question

raker avatar image
raker asked raker commented

ADB not finding Clover Mini in device list via USB-A cable in Win10

I'm trying to connect a Clover Mini device to my Win10 laptop to pull troubleshooting logs using ADB. I have a male to male USB-A cable that I'm using to connect my laptop to the Mini device. I have debugging enabled within the Mini device also.

When I run 'adb devices -l' in CLI, it automatically starts the server as expected and returns "List of devices attached" with what appears to be two empty lines below it. Nothing listed at all. I've tried restarting my server, reconnecting, etc and still the same response. I've also attempted this on a total of 3 different Clover devices with the same result.

Can anyone provide some input or advice on what I can try?

Clover Mini
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

You need to use the cable provided with your devkit which will be a usb a to b.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

raker avatar image
raker answered raker commented

@David Marginian

I did not receive a dev kit when we were sent these POS devices. I'm an employee at a major bank and we have received these Clover Mini devices to use in our QA environments. We thought it would be easy to set these devices up within our normal network setup processes but unfortunately our test transactions are not going through to our vendor. We aren't actually developing any customized code, but just want to use this device within our QA regions to perform testing. So we were sent these Clover Mini devices, along with a sandbox dev account for linking these devices to our bank using the mechant ID's. However, we are hitting issues with normal card transactions (magstripe, NFC, EMV). Our vendor suggested us to pull logs to provide them info on where the communication breakdown could be at, which is how I got to where I am today.

But, in order for us to pull logs, we were told to connect a USB cable and use CLI/ADB to gather them.

So you are saying that even if we wanted to pull any logs we must purchase the dev kit as well?

If that's the case, then I'll take that back internally to get this done.

5 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

"We thought it would be easy to set these devices up within our normal network setup processes but unfortunately our test transactions are not going through to our vendor."

I don't understand this, if these devices are devkits they will be hitting a test/emulated gateway.

You can try using another usb-a to usb-b cable (assuming these devices are actually devkits).

0 Likes 0 ·
raker avatar image raker David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Sorry let me try to explain a bit better (maybe not by much if any at all).

We have older legacy POS devices in our labs which we use today. These are just regular POS devices that we use to run test transactions, however they are using our QA networks. So it was believed by others (were previously involved with the setup of those legacy devices) would have similar setups and functionality for what our intended use was (no customization/development needed).

I and my team are new to this, and these devices were sent to us not on the guise that we'd need dev kits or sandbox accounts but open-box hardware that we'd power on, setup up, and go. The sandbox account was given to me to help try to get them setup with our merchant ID since we had issues with that. Then we attempted some test transactions and were having issues with those transactions hitting our vendor. We were asked to pull logs which is how I got to where I am today.

I apologize for lack of information but if you tell me that I can't pull logs with a male to male USB-A and need a USB-A to USB-B at a minimum then I'll definitely give that a shot. It's easy enough!

Thanks for your guidance and support!

0 Likes 0 ·
raker avatar image raker David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

@David Marginian yep that was the culprit. [edited to remove the initial response. Device was set to turn on auto-debugging but when I logged in a popup was displaying asking to enable for connected device. Now it shows all data for the device.]

How could I pull logs now that it's at least populating in the device list?

I apologize for my rookie questions, however I've managed to get further with your one response then I have with the vendor and my employer in weeks!!!! So thank you!!!!

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ raker commented ·
You are asking how to see the logs? "adb logcat", see the Google/Android docs.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community