question

rizwan avatar image
rizwan asked Mark Mullan Deactivated answered

Usb Communication in Clover

hi,

we have clover developer unit ( clover mini ) and android tablet. the requirement is to communicate devices with each other.

we have successfully connected our tablet and Mini using Micro USB <> OTG Cable <> USB B. In this scenario, the secondary/peripheral is the Mini (USB B) and the tablet is the master/host (Micro USB).

now we want to eliminate OTG cable and want to communicate directly

We want to connect the Tablet <> Clover mini using Micro USB <> USB A (regular USB)
where clover will react as an host and tablet will react as secondry

we tried this by the same code which we used with OTG Cable.

in that case clover mini (Host) unable to open device.

i am getting following exception

java.lang.SecurityException: User has not given permission to device UsbDevice[mName=/dev/bus/usb/001/018,mVendorId=7994,mProductId=4103,mClass=0,mSubclass=0,mProtocol=0,mInterfaces=[Landroid.hardware.usb.UsbInterface;@419e7830] at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1472) at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1426) at android.hardware.usb.IUsbManager$Stub$Proxy.openDevice(IUsbManager.java:373) at android.hardware.usb.UsbManager.openDevice(UsbManager.java:265) at com.usbhost.HostActivity$CommunicationRunnable.run(HostActivity.java:174) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)

in our official document i read we have to whitelisted our device to communicate with clover mini.

can u please tell me which credentials u need other than VID and PID of peripheral device ??

following are vendor and product_id mVendorId=7994,mProductId=4103

any help would be highly Appreciated.

thanks in advance.
Clover Android SDKClover MiniEmployees
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mark Mullan avatar image
Mark Mullan Deactivated answered
Resolving with this developer privately in a separate thread. For future reference, USB device whitelist requests should be directed towards dev@clover.com. Thanks!
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community