question

bste2174 avatar image
bste2174 asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

issue with 0auth flow

screen-error.jpgHello,

We are trying to integrate Clover oauth but we are having issues. Our app is correctly setup (merchant ID, key, etc...) but we cannot get oauth token back.

Here is a breakdown of the error:

1. Merchant goes to our internal page

2. User gets redirected to Clover login

3. They login and authenticate

4. User gets redirected to clover and page freezes (see screenshot for details)

We have tried to debug this issue but there is no message, so we cannot find the issue. Also, we have looked around the forum with no success.

Is there anyway we can fix this issue ? If there is something we are missing please let us know.

OAuth
screen-error.jpg (88.8 KiB)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

This is likely happening because 1) The merchant is in a plan that is not compatible with your integration (you can see what plans your app requires in your developer dashboard, merchant availability) or 2) The merchant is in a country/region not supported by your app (the merchant is Canadian, but your app doesn't have a Canadian subscription). If merchants are going to be signing up directly on your site, and not finding you via the Clover App Market you need to specify your requirements and availability.

FYI - We need to provide a better error message (not just a blank page), I actually recently wrote up an issue for this as someone else encountered it recently.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bste2174 avatar image
bste2174 answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

How can I get an answer to whether it is the 1 or 2 above...because each seem to be correct...

And is there any possibility that it could be something else? And is there anything that I can do on my side to see if there is an actual error message?

4 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Well, as I said you need to make sure merchants understand the requirements of your integration if they aren't finding you through our app market. We need to do a better job of showing a meaningful error message. If you have a specific case you want me to look into provide your app id and the merchant name/id in a moderators only comment.

0 Likes 0 ·

Ok, in your case you have an unapproved app. Your app needs to be approved in order for a merchant to use it - https://docs.clover.com/docs/developer-app-approval

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Please do not submit a moderator's only comment unless you have something that is confidential (you won't be able to see my responses). You should be testing your app in sandbox. If you want to test in production you will need to install your application to your test merchant just like you would in sandbox. It isn't clear what you are trying to test, your app is already installed to the Core Financial Processing merchant.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Can you tell me what you are trying to test? Are you trying to test step 1 of the OAuth flow itself (Merchant Authorization), or do you just need to get your app installed and working for a test merchant? In sandbox your app will only be available to merchants that are owned by your developer account. In production, your app will only be available to merchants that are owned by your developer account (until it is approved and published in our app market).

0 Likes 0 ·
matrixnad avatar image
matrixnad answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Hello,

I am following up on this thread -- me and bste2174 have been testing but we cant get this to work.

At present, we have it configured and we are able to select the merchant. But when the user is redirected back to our app (with the auth code), we cannot seem to generate the access token.

We are getting error:

400 Bad request

I am sending the right parameters. In my request, I have included client ID, auth code, etc... see example below:

https://clover.com/oauth/token?client_id= xxx&client_secret=xxx&code=xxx

But we are still getting issue.

is there anything we can do to fix this error ?

Thanks

1 comment
10 |2000

Can you provide me with the client_id in a moderator's only comment? I am guessing you are trying to use the same code more than once.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community