question

Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

NullPointerException calling OrderConnectory.updateOrder

This started happening on January the 31st.

Any ideas?

Non-fatal Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
Attempt to invoke interface method 'java.lang.String com.clover.sdk.Employee.getId()' on a null object reference
android.os.Parcel.createException (Parcel.java:2077)
android.os.Parcel.readException (Parcel.java:2039)
android.os.Parcel.readException (Parcel.java:1987)
com.clover.sdk.v3.order.IOrderServiceV3_1$Stub$Proxy.updateOrder (IOrderServiceV3_1.java:2615)
com.clover.sdk.v3.order.OrderV31Connector$6.call (OrderV31Connector.java:247)
com.clover.sdk.v3.order.OrderV31Connector$6.call (OrderV31Connector.java:244)
com.clover.sdk.v1.ServiceConnector.execute (ServiceConnector.java:264)
com.clover.sdk.v3.order.OrderV31Connector.updateOrder (OrderV31Connector.java:244)

We are just grabbing an order, updating the note and trying to "save" it back.

Thanks!

OrdersClover Android SDK
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Started happening January 31st in production? Do you have a merchant id you can provide us where the issue is occurring?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian Deactivated answered Lee Tickett commented

Hi Lee, January 31st does not correlate with any app updates on our end for this merchant. Are you certain of that date? If so, the problem wasn't introduced by an app update on our end. Any changes on your end?

1 comment
10 |2000

Lee Tickett avatar image Lee Tickett commented ·

Nope, our last APK was released December 23rd and we're even seeing this exception from an old APK released November 2020.

Digging a bit deeper, could it be a backend change you've made as opposed to a frontend APK change? Or are you fairly adamant there haven't been any of those either?

Any bright ideas how we can progress? Is it worth arranging a call?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian Deactivated answered Lee Tickett commented

I am not seeing any changes on the server either. How often is this happening? Every order, once in awhile? Are you only having issues with this merchant?

5 comments
10 |2000

300 occurrences effecting 22 merchants since Jan 31st
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ Lee Tickett commented ·
300 out of? Did it start happening in general on Jan 31 or for the specific merchant you provided on Jan 31? The dates are very important, because the merchant you provided got an app update on Feb 3, other merchants could have gotten it earlier.
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks for the info Lee, I have engaged the team on this, will let you know what I hear.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

We have identified and resolved the issue. We are working on a schedule to get the fix released. I will update this thread when I get more details.

11 comments
10 |2000

Amazing, thanks David. Eagerly awaiting timelines.
0 Likes 0 ·
tickettenterprises avatar image tickettenterprises commented ·

Hi David, I was just wondering if there was any estimate as to the timeline for releasing this fix as we're continuing to be contacted by affected merchants as this issue is disrupting their business. Anyway, if you could please notify as soon as you hear something, it's be most appreciated. Kind regards, Jon.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ tickettenterprises commented ·
I am tracking the issue, there has been a lot of activity on it but I don't see that a definite decision has been made. I will keep you posted.
0 Likes 0 ·
tickettenterprises avatar image tickettenterprises David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Sorry to have to follow this up, David, but I'm just conscious that if the fix/resolution hasn't yet been deployed out that it's been roughly a week now since the issue was identified (and resolved), and we're keen to be able to communicate back to merchants that it's been confirmed that the fix has been rolled out. Again, it'd be much appreciated if you could potentially see if/when this might occur. Kind regards.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community