question

danderson avatar image
danderson asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Clarification on Private App availability

Good afternoon,

We've been trying to get some clarification regarding making a private application for the Clover Station Duo available to multiple merchants. We've tried reaching out to developer-relations@devrel.clover.com with our questions back in December, but haven't received any communication back and can't find any answers in the documentation.

To clarify the situation, here are some notes about the configuration we expect to see:

• There will be a Primary Developer account which will managed by us.
• Our hope that we can manage the application, updates, and allowed merchants from this account.

• My client has multiple store locations where they want this application installed.
• Each "manager" has an individual Clover account with their own username and password.
• It is possible that a "manager" account can have multiple merchants registered to them.

So our question is two-fold:

1. Once the private application has been submitted and passed review, can we designate a list of Merchant IDs that have access to our application?

2. Assuming we can do the above, how would a merchant download our application? Would it appear as a valid app for them in their Station's app marketplace?

App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered danderson commented

1) Yes.

2) Currently, the process is that you would send a request to developer-relations@devrel.clover.com providing them with your app id and a list of merchants you would like us to install your app to. They would initiate a push of the application to those merchants.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

danderson avatar image danderson commented ·

Thank you so much for your quick answer, that's a big relief to hear. We were concerned that we might have to do something like set up a paired developer account for each manager's account, but that definitely didn't seem right to us.

A few more quick questions just to wrap things up:

1. Do you happen to know what the average turn-around time is for the application push?

2. Is there anything we need to do to mark the email as a request for an application push - eg a specific subject line? As I mentioned before, we emailed developer-relations@devrel.clover.com back in December with our initial inquiry and never heard back from them. I'd like to avoid that sort of scenario with our application or updates to it.

3. In regards to Clover pushing the app to the merchants, does this make them available for the merchants to download via their online dashboards? If not, do the stations associated with the merchant need to be powered on and online when the application is pushed to receive the application?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

1) I believe the SLA is 2 days, but I am not sure.

2) You can just title the email app push request, or something like that and include your app id and the merchant id. Did you use this email? I am guessing we responded but it went into your junk folder or something and you missed it.

3) The app will be installed immediately (available via Clover dashboard) and will be pushed down to the devices when they come online.

2 comments
10 |2000

danderson avatar image danderson commented ·

Excellent on all answers, thank you so much David.

Regarding the email, we actually set a filter for developer-relations@devrel.clover.com to not send to junk and tag it as important. Looking back, we did receive an automated response of -

As we approach the end of the year, both Clover and Fiserv will have reduced staff as many of our team members will be celebrating holidays with their families. Responses during this time may be delayed, but we will continue to have resources available to address any urgent issues in an "On call" capacity.

- but no follow-up after that. So it may just be a case that we got lost in the post-holiday shuffle, or I may have misunderstood and we needed to email again in January. Either way, we have answers now, and that's what's most important!

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ danderson commented ·
Yes, I see that we didn't respond after the automated response. I will follow up to see why, I am guessing as you said it just got missed in the post holiday shuffle.
1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community