question

Melvin Vy avatar image
Melvin Vy asked Melvin Vy commented

Partial payment on Demo Device

It a Semi-Integration.

How do I test partial authorization payment on Demo Device?
It seem like on demo device it will charge any amount? and it did not return partial authorization for us to test.
as of now i can only test on live device.

please help

Clover Mini
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered Melvin Vy commented

A devkit is required to test partial authorizations. Sorry, I always assume developers are talking about devkits and I missed the "Demo" device in your original post. Per the test card number page:

You can use the following card numbers to trigger specific scenarios at the gateway, such as declines and partial transactions. Your gateway will need to be set up with a Rapid Connect processor, which should be the default setting. You can verify this setting by calling the GET v3/merchants/{mid}/gateway endpoint and verifying that the paymentGatewayApi value begins with fdcrcip. If the value is blackhole, email developer-relations@devrel.clover.com to request this be changed to Rapid Connect.

The devices you have provided are production demo devices, the partial authorization test card will not work in this environment as your processor is either blackholed (everything just works) or live (test cards will not work) in the production environment.

7 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Melvin Vy avatar image Melvin Vy commented ·

I already email to this address

developer-relations@devrel.clover.comi ..

I did not heard anything from them yet

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ Melvin Vy commented ·

I responded to you at least a day ago, check your spam. We cannot update a production device to hit the gateway emulator, it is either black-holed or hitting the live gateway. If you want to test your semi integration completely you should have a devkit.

0 Likes 0 ·
Melvin Vy avatar image Melvin Vy David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

where do i get devkit?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Melvin Vy avatar image
Melvin Vy answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

where do i get the test card to test?. I used the expired card to test

Can I have the test card

10 |2000

Melvin Vy avatar image
Melvin Vy answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

thanks for the link

I used the test card number by enter manually but it all success. 4005 5780 0333 3335 ---> it became successful payment. I don't see the partial payment screen?

do i have to do something with my clover mini?

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Partial authorizations need to be handled by your point of sale. We will return a successful payment response, but the amount will not be the full amount. You need to recognize that and either void the payment or start a subsequent payment for the remaining balance. Please see our documentation here - https://docs.clover.com/docs/transaction-types (bottom of the page).

0 Likes 0 ·
Melvin Vy avatar image
Melvin Vy answered David Marginian Deactivated converted comment to answer

Our POS handle fine but the card have to response partial amount to move to next step.

10 |2000

Melvin Vy avatar image
Melvin Vy answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

The test card have to show the partial authorization like this for us to move to the next step. but it did not have this

partial.jpg

partial.jpg (503.6 KiB)
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community