question

rachitk3 avatar image
rachitk3 asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

How to update tip amount after payment?

I am doing a sale and i want to update tip after payment. I want to update payment object only tip amount.

PaymentsPaymentConnector
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

I assume you are using the Clover Connector or Payment Connector and taking card-present payments, is that correct? If so, a "sale" is a final transaction, you would need to perform an "auth" if you want to add a tip after the original payment, please see our documentation on transaction types - https://docs.clover.com/docs/transaction-types.

5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rachitk3 avatar image rachitk3 commented ·
I just want to update tip amount to an order using order connector or payment connector.
0 Likes 0 ·
rachitk3 avatar image rachitk3 commented ·

Is there any way to update tip amount using order connector or payment connector?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ rachitk3 commented ·
Yes, you need to perform an auth, not a sale. Please see our documentation and sample apps.
0 Likes 0 ·
rachitk3 avatar image rachitk3 David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Can i perform an auth of existing order which is paid?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community