question

rthor avatar image
rthor asked Mark Mullan Deactivated answered

Making a payment without an order attached to it

Using Secure Pay, I am able to make a credit card payment without having to attach it to an order. However, it does not offer non credit card options such as cash/check, or even the ability for split payment. Paying through the register, has all the payment options (along with secure pay) and split payment, but it requires me to create an order and inventory items, which I do not wish to do.

Is there a way to make a payment where it has all the payment options and split payment functionality, but doesn't require me to use the inventory, or create a clover order up front?
PaymentsPaymentConnectorCustom Tenders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mark Mullan avatar image
Mark Mullan Deactivated answered
Currently resolving this issue in a private thread through semi-integrations@clover.com, and discussing their requirements on a more granular level.

At the db level, our Payment objects belong to our Order objects, so at this point it is impossible to create a Payment without having an associated Order to go along with it.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community