question

SAMSA Web Team avatar image
SAMSA Web Team asked nexibit commented

Requested app permissions

I'm trying to get some help for our requested app permissions. We submitted the request last month and don't seem to be hearing anything about it. I submitted the question to the new developer-relations@devrel.clover.com email address, and I can't get any response there either.

How can we get some followup on our requested permission changes?

App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered nexibit commented

I have notified the developer relations team to look into this.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

SAMSA Web Team avatar image SAMSA Web Team commented ·

Can we please get an update? Doesn't look like there's been any movement on our requested permission changes. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
nexibit avatar image nexibit commented ·

We had also submitted a permission update request over a week ago. Could you please notify the developer relations team of the permission request? Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ nexibit commented ·

Please email the developer relations team developer-relations@devrel.clover.com

0 Likes 0 ·
nexibit avatar image nexibit David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks for the prompt response. We emailed couple of times and didn't get any response. Will email again.
0 Likes 0 ·
SAMSA Web Team answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Is there any way to get more priority on our request for updated permissions in our app? It's been more than a month since our request, and nothing seems to be happening. Is there anyone who we can directly contact for this? It's quite frustrating to have to wait, and have nobody to contact. We've emailed developer-relations@devrel.clover.com, and we can't seem to get this done.

Please help. Thanks

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
The permissions request for Payment R/W and Orders R/W seems a bit odd. Are you just a semi-integration (using Clover Connector) or do you make API calls?
0 Likes 0 ·
SAMSA Web Team answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

We are semi-integrated using the Remote Pay Cloud from https://github.com/clover/remote-pay-cloud.

Really, we just want the minimum permissions that will allow the app to function. We worked in our Sandbox account and methodically added permissions until we were no longer "unauthorized". I asked this question in another thread, and your response was:

"Do you make an REST API calls, or do you just use Remote Pay Cloud? If you use Remote Pay Cloud, merchant read is required so the justification for requesting merchant read is that merchant read is required for Remote Pay Cloud. You don't need any other permissions unless you are making REST API calls."

Does Remote Pay Cloud make REST API calls? Evidently, as we can't get the app to work in Sandbox without the permissions we've requested.

Appreciate your help

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
If all you use is Remote Pay Cloud then all you need is Merchant Read. My suggestion would be for you to remove all permissions from your sandbox app except Merchant Read and then uninstall/reinstall your app via the Clover Dashboard and obtain a new access token. Test your app in sandbox, verify it works and then submit only the permissions you need. The more permissions you are requesting the longer the request will take.
0 Likes 0 ·
SAMSA Web Team answered

David - great news. That worked in Sandbox. We've canceled our request for permission updates, edited to request only the Merchant Read permission, and resubmitted.

Given that minimal permission request, any idea when Developer Relations might be able to get that approved?

Appreciate your help!

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community