question

justinsouter avatar image
justinsouter asked justinsouter commented

App Updater Verify Fail

On my Flex DevKit the App Updater isn't getting through all its "Pending" updates. Through sleuthing I discovered that App Updater is failing when trying to update the Notes app, trying a few types through the Download and Verify cycles, and finally saying verify failed. How to get through this issue?

I have to say the whole App Updater user experience is lacking. Its error message are transient and not detailed. If I do manage to catch the failure message, it says it will "try later," but when is later? Maybe I want to retry now! Couldn't find a way to manually start App Updater to view details or initiate a retry. Experimentally tried a device restart, which did fire App Updater. Managed to figure out that I could tap on its messages while downloading to get the whole list, but that's not obvious either.

Clover Android SDK
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered justinsouter commented

Can you provide the device logs at the point of failure?

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

justinsouter avatar image justinsouter commented ·

Hope this is the relevant bit of log.

notes-update-fail-log.txt

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ justinsouter commented ·
I am not seeing anything too helpful in the log. I am also not seeing the same issue on my devkit. I just factory reset it to force a full update and am still not having problems. You may want to try a factory reset.
0 Likes 0 ·
justinsouter avatar image justinsouter David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
The factory reset allowed the standard apps to finish their installation. Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community