question

01928-7325x2 avatar image
01928-7325x2 asked g4ll commented

E-Commerce API and Order Type Tax Exemption Rules

Is there any way to remove tax when using EComm API? We have merchants using tax exemption rule for specific order types.
But it seems the rule is ignored by EComm when calculating the total payment and tax still attached in the payment receipt.

Is there any specific property we can put into the E-Comm API request payload to make the tax excluded from the payment?

We use this API: https://docs.clover.com/reference#postordersidpay

e-commerce api
8 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Please provide an order id.

0 Likes 0 ·
01928-7325x2 avatar image 01928-7325x2 David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

- Z7Z---42--SG--

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ 01928-7325x2 commented ·

Can you provide me with a walkthrough of what is wrong with those orders? For example - Z7.....EJ, this order has an item that should be tax exempt based on this rule, etc. The more details your provide the easier it is for me to report and create internal issues.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
skymasterson avatar image
skymasterson answered 01928-7325x2 commented

Hi David - I understand that the DevPay API is getting deprecated. Having this issue resolved does significantly impact our merchants. We run the risk of payment totals not calculating correctly which is always a bit of a bother. :)

Is there more we can do to help the team understand the issue and roll out a fix well ahead of the deprecation date? We're eager to support the deprecation as well.

Thanks!

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

It looks like we have a fix in for this, I don't see an official release date for it, but I am guessing it will be deployed towards the end of July.
0 Likes 0 ·
Good to know!

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
skymasterson avatar image
skymasterson answered

David - that is great news. Really appreciate it!

10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

An update on this ... we found that the reason you are having a problem is because the order type is being set on the order after the line items were added. The simple work-around is for your to make sure to set order type at a time order is created (definitely before line items are created).

2 comments
10 |2000

01928-7325x2 avatar image 01928-7325x2 commented ·

What gonna happen if the order type changed after adding items?
We have that scenario. For example: initial order type is for ASAP pickup order but then at the checkout the customer choose scheduled delivery order.

0 Likes 0 ·
I will have to get back to you on that.
0 Likes 0 ·
g4ll avatar image
g4ll answered g4ll commented

Hi David, just checking if the Fix has been deployed

2 comments
10 |2000

No, it is scheduled to go live on August 18th.
0 Likes 0 ·
g4ll avatar image g4ll David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Hi David, just to follow up, it has been deployed to Prod?
0 Likes 0 ·
01928-7325x2 avatar image
01928-7325x2 answered g4ll commented

Is there any update on this? Or where we can find the release note related to this issue?

4 comments
10 |2000

The fix should be out on in sandbox as of August 10th and NA production as of August 25th.
0 Likes 0 ·
Is there any specific things to do to make the fix taking effect on the merchant side?

From our test, the tax exemption not working yet. I'm wondering if we have to do something on the merchant setup. eg. reset the tax exemption rules.

0 Likes 0 ·
Can you provide an order id?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community