question

ramya avatar image
ramya asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

E-commerce response field "paid"

According to the documentation the paid should be either true or false.

"paid": (true/false) - The new value is a boolean instead of an enum

But we are receiving long value.

"status_transitions" : {

"paid" : 1613811226556

}

Based on which filed should we consider either the payment was success or failure.

I am using sandbox. Order Id : DQAQJGGP90J52

e-commerce api
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Update:

paid: true is returned in the response. Your test merchant is blackholed which may be why you are not seeing it in the response.

Original/Incorrect response:

Our docs are incorrect. I will see to it that we fix them. I think you can use the "status" field and value "paid" to indicate that the payment was successful.

9 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ramya avatar image ramya commented ·

Thank you David for confirming. One more question, what is the difference between paid Vs created Vs fulfilled?

Do we only have to consider status : "paid" as successful?

0 Likes 0 ·
ramya avatar image ramya commented ·

Can you please check this transaction T7......YJY from production? The status we received was "created".

What does "created" mean by? we have considered transactions as failed other than "paid" status.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ ramya commented ·

A status of "paid" in a v1/orders/pay response means the order has been fully paid. For the order you referenced a payment is being created, but it is not for the complete amount of the order so the order is not "paid". You are creating the order with a total of 1678. Then you are paying for the order and passing in an amount of 1378 (along with a big of tax), which is clearly not correct. If you are doing split payments or something you will need to account for getting a status of "created" and comparing the amounts to confirm the order has been fully paid for.

0 Likes 0 ·
ramya avatar image ramya David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

When do I receive "fulfilled"? Can you explain?

Do we have to include tip_amount in amount ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community