question

robert avatar image
robert asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Create Pending Order, but Not Show on POS Dashboard?

Hi All!

For the sake of taxes / adding totals for the order, per this post, I want to create an Order in an online ordering app, then gather the totals from the Clover REST API as line items, etc. are made, rather than calculate the totals manually (in order to reduce complexity).

From the looks of this post, it appears that if `orderState` is set to null, the Orders will not show in the Dashboard on the POS machine. Is that true?

Thank you so much!

- Robert

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

The v1/orders/pay endpoint (Ecomm) API will calculate the total for you if it hasn't been set. Yes, I believe orders with a null order state won't show up on the device.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

robert avatar image robert commented ·

Cool, thank you!

To that point (the new ecommerce API), I know that is replacing the Developer Pay API endpoints, but should Orders also be created through there (as opposed to the endpoint here)>

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ robert commented ·

No, that isn't necessary. Actually the best way to create an order is via our newer atomic order endpoint -https://docs.clover.com/reference#ordercreateatomicorder.

0 Likes 0 ·
robert avatar image robert David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you!

After some testing however (on the emulator, don't have a hardware dev kit yet), it appears that even when the order state (via the state property) is set it null and/or if an order in made with an orderType that has "isHidden" is set to true, it still shows in the Dashboard :/

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community