question

ismdcf avatar image
ismdcf asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Web dashboard shows Orders with state null as OPEN

Previously if we place Orders from the REST API and does not set a state, those orders where the state was null was not showing up on the Orders App on the Clover devices as well as the Orders page of the Web Dashboard.

However, recently on the web dashboard these temporary orders with the state 'null' has started showing up as OPEN orders. But the Clover devices still works as expected where they do not show these state null orders.

Since this was not the behavior of the Web dashboard before, is it possible for someone to confirm whether this is a bug?

Orders
5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Is this in production?

0 Likes 0 ·
ismdcf avatar image ismdcf David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Our customers in production reported this, and also we checked this on Sandbox as well. We experienced the same

0 Likes 0 ·
ismdcf avatar image ismdcf David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

@David Marginian any idea whether this is a bug on the web dashboard?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ ismdcf commented ·

I just tried this in sandbox and I am not able to reproduce what you are seeing. When I create an order it is not visible on the merchant dashboard until I set the state to open.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

You are correct, the behavior has changed recently. However, this appears to be an intended change, not a bug. The dashboard used to filter on state != null but now it filters on touched = true which is set if the order has a total that is > 0. Originally I could not reproduce the issue because I wasn't setting line-items and therefore no total was set. Can you explain the impact this is having on you and your merchants, or were you just curious?

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ismdcf avatar image ismdcf commented ·

https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/working-with-orders

The above documentation stated that,

The initial Order object is treated as unfinished while its state is null. If you have not set the Order's state to open, it will only be possible to GET the individual Order by its id. It will not be included in the merchant's order list or appear in the Orders app.

We have a mobile app that our client's customers are using where they can place orders and pay for those orders via the app itself.

In this, prior to customer making the payment we place a temporary order on to the clover side, along with the bulk line items. We do not set a state to the order, therefore the order state is kept null. Then once the payment is done we update the order by adding a Clover payment to it (with a custom tender), and then set the state to OPEN so that it starts appearing on the Clover POS as well as the Clover Web Dashboard.

However, if the customer decides to not proceed with the payment, since the temporary order state was null at the time, the Clover order did not appear on the Web Dashboard or the Clover POS in the past. However with the recent change, this temporary order is now being shown in the Web Dashboard.

What can we do to resolve this? as this is affecting our clients when they look at the orders via the Web Dashboard and cannot figure out whether it is an actual open order or a temporary one which can be ignored.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ ismdcf commented ·

The only work-around I can think of is to not submit the temporary order. Wait until the customer has paid, and then submit the complete order.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community