question

elemental avatar image
elemental asked elemental commented

Creating enterprise apps

Is there a way to use the clover station with an enterprise Android app? I do not want to publish my app to a public App Store.

This app is a restaurant POS app, integrated with existing restaurant services. However, it is completely proprietary and not for public use.

I would also need to be able to update the app remotely on my clover devices (multiple restaurant locations).

Alternatively, could I upload my app to the app market and require sign in, which would only be available to our restaurants, and thus be useless for other consumers? Would an app like this be approved?

App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

We have the concept of private apps. I believe it is even an option in the UI when you create an app. You will need to contact appmarketbusiness@clover.com for more details. It may be awhile before you get a response because I understand they are dealing with a large volume of requests.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

elemental avatar image elemental commented ·

Thanks David! Grest to confirm that it is an option. I’ll look into getting a dev kit and next steps.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ elemental commented ·

Ok, you may want to get a confirmation from appmarketbusiness@clover.com on any requirements of private apps. I can also see if I can get some details for you this week.

0 Likes 0 ·
paulpetyo avatar image
paulpetyo Deactivated answered elemental commented

Hey @Elemental. Per usual, David is correct. Having your app set to private is a choice we leave up to the developer. The caveat is that you will need to reach out to the DevRel team to push your app to any MIDs when the time comes. When submitting your app on your developer dashboard, you are presented with the option to publish or not. You would simply omit this.

1 comment
10 |2000

elemental avatar image elemental commented ·
@Paulpetyo would this be only the first time? I read about Release Groups where I could set up MIDs for all my devices. We may have weekly updates to the apk, I'm wondering how often I would need to reach out to the DevRel team for pushing/approving and what sort of turnaround time would usually apply.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community