question

lvenezia avatar image
lvenezia asked matt commented

How do I sunset an application?

I have an app that I may no longer be able to provide the service for, so I am considering options for sunsetting. Ideally, I would like to stop new sign ups ASAP and allow existing users to keep renewing until 2/28/2020. That will give me plenty of time to notify existing merchants that the app will no longer be available.

If I unpublish the app and have no published versions, will that prevent new merchants from signing up?

When I am ready to block access to my app, is there anything I have to do in order to stop billing for existing users?

Or, is it just that once I unpublish, even existing users won't be able to renew for the next month?

If anyone has experience with this, please provide as much detail as possible - I don't want to cause any issues with live merchants by experimenting with the options.

Thanks in advance!

App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered matt commented

Please contact appmarketbusiness@clover.com, they should be able to give you some options.

9 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lvenezia avatar image lvenezia commented ·

Hi - is there a way to get an expedited answer? I emailed the mailbox you suggested and have not yet gotten a response. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ lvenezia commented ·

I'll see what I can do, I can't make any promises.

0 Likes 0 ·
matt avatar image matt David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Hello, I have exactly the same questions, but don't want to write an email, since no answer can be expected. David, can you please help? If all of Clover would work like you, everything would be fine! But, no money from Clover since 6 months, I just don't want to continue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community