question

justinsouter avatar image
justinsouter asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

App re-install may not be working

We released an app update that was just a permissions change. The update seems to have worked for everyone except one merchant. They have repeatedly uninstalled our app, and the device auto-re-installs it, but the symptom of the prior permissions problem remains for them.

Is there a way to see what permissions are on the actual app they have installed? Or is there a way to confirm the date of our app permissions update vs the date of the app they have installed?

App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

I wouldn't expect an app that was uninstalled to be automatically re-installed. How are they uninstalling it? In a private/moderators only post can you send me the merchant and app id?

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Send the merchant to our official documentation instead of providing your own steps: https://www.clover.com/help/using-the-app-market/?device=ZKF1GcCo6sus0GkgWw6ku#uninstall-an-app

I am guessing the app was never actually uninstalled because you provide no instructions on re-installing it and once an app is removed it should not normally be automatically installed.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community